The primary function of an incumbent in this class is to facilitate visitors’ experience at SEE by demonstrating exhibits, answering questions, providing structured group tours, and providing other assistance as needed. The incumbent will also present special programing both on-site and off-site, collect admission, perform simple clerical tasks, act as cashier in the gift shop, perform required maintenance of the exhibits, and perform minor janitorial tasks.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Education and Program Manager who assigns workloads and provides policy and procedural guidance on a regular basis.
No supervision exercised.
Examples of Duties/ Responsibilities
(This list of duties may not include all tasks but is representative of general duties.)
- Interact with visitors, including giving group tours and facilitating visitor experience during general public hours.
- Present special programs, e.g., Chemistry Lab, SEEmobile, LEGO Millyard etc.
- Assist with visitors and callers as needed.
- Demonstrate exhibits including Moonwalk and Van de Graaf generator.
- Operate cash register.
- Perform basic janitorial duties (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.).
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to work well with the public and harmoniously with others, basic knowledge of (or ability to learn) principles of science, reliability, flexibility and ability to take initiative are highly desirable.