Three Transitions to Retirement
Transitioning to retirement goes well beyond building a solid financial plan. The lifestyle and emotional changes that accompany this transition can be the most challenging.
Planning for retirement is more like a marathon than a sprint, so it’s never too early to start. Learn how to take control of the three aspects of retirement so that you’ll be ready for this life-changing event.
The Financial Transition
- Do you know what your retirement living and discretionary expenses will be?
- Have you tracked your current spending for three months?
- Do you understand the transition from accumulating money to spending it?
The Lifestyle Transition
- How much time do you spend each week on hobbies or volunteer work?
- Do you check your work voicemail on the weekends?
- Do you have friends to share with?
The Emotional Transition
- Is your spouse/significant other ready to retire?
- Are you or your spouse not healthy enough to work anymore?
- Do you have friends you did not meet at work?